Did you know that Armenia is the only FREE visa on arrival country we can visit us Filipinos in the European continent? Yes that is true! did you also know that its the only country that you can experience snow and do skiing without any difficult visa to get comparing to South Korea, Japan and China. How is that possible? well give you a quick guide on how we did it as part of our Middle East Europe tour coming from Manila.
See our flight and 1st day tour from Dubai straight to Yerevan, Armenia.
Here are our travel itinerary:
1. Book a cheap flight from Manila to Dubai round trip (since there is no flight directly to Armenia, you need to connwct through Dubai or Mozcow first). We got a great deal from www.cebupacificair.com for only Php2,750 each roundtrip. Isn’t amazing? yes, we got it last year during the New Year sale and the flight was last November 4 to November 14. I will attached here our flight itinerary for all your reference:
2. Acquire a Tourist Visa before traveling to Dubai, UAE. You can easily get one through any accredited travel and tour operator in Dubai, Airlines or any friends living there. In our case, we just contacted my classmate in UP and he assisted me to get one. It only took us about 2 days to get the e-visa that should be printed before checking in the airport. It will also be shown and stamp in Dubai immigration. The cost of Visa is around 250 aed or about Php5,500.
3. Book quality but cheap accomodation in Dubai. We got a 4-star hotel for only Php2,200 per night called Safron Boutique Hotel. You can book it online through booking.com. We also tried 1-star hotel like Emirates Hotel and Garden Inn for only Php1,200 to Php1,500. If you compare the difference better go through the 4-star accomodation to enjoy your vacation.
4. Get a good deal flight from Dubai to Armenia through flydubai.com. I checked their website and the cheapest European connection is only Php7,000 roundtrip going to Bulgaria and Netherlands. For Armenia, we got each roundtrip ticket for Php15,000, a bit costly comparing to the other connections. Subscribe to their website and monitor the promotion for Armenia.
5. Pay Visa on arrival in Armenian immigration. The cost of the visa is only 3,000 drum or about Php400 estimate and you can stay there up to 2 months depending kn your itinerary. For us, we mentioned that will only stay for 5 days but they gave us 20 days so it might be their minimum duration i think.
6. Get a local and friendly tour guide with accomodation. Before going to Armenia, i did my research and contacted a local tourist guide so they can pick us in the airport. We got a good deal for only $250 good for 4 days that include the travel and tour, airport pickup and drop-off, welcome drinks and other freebies.
Check out my different blog post for our complete itinerary during our 4 to 5 days visit in Yerevan, Armenia.